Friday 1 April 2011

Istiqlal Mosque

After meeting, I decided to visit Istiqlal mosque to pray which located across my meeting point, and luckily I brought my camera :)

Istiqlal Mosque

Istiqlal is the largest mosque in Indonesia and also the largest in SouthEast Asia. The mosque look steady and beautiful. It was built to celebrate commemorate Indonesia Independence by President Soekarno initiative and inaugurated by President Suharto in February 1978. Therefore Istiqlal in Arabian means 'Independence'.
After Maghrib Pray
The mosques has 12 huge columns which covered by aluminium plates and has capacity more than 120.000 peoples. The design itself was created by Frederich Silaban, Christian architect with theme, divinity.
Istiqlal Mosque with Monas in the background
Feel peaceful in there, I will take more pictures about Istiqlal in different angle next time.

Reference: Wikipedia - Istiqlal Mosque

2 comments:

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...